Climbing is a GREAT way for a child to gain confidence. From the first time we put your child into a harness, we guide them on a path that is effective, fun and rewarding. We employ people who believe in helping kids achieve their dreams and view each class as a child’s stepping stone. After all, the most basic definition of climbing is upward movement.
Climbing is an individual sport which allows students to grow at their own pace. Our programs cater to each individual’s needs and are taught in a highly supportive group environment. Any level of climber will be challenged but not overwhelmed. We offer a variety of programs for all ages, skills, and physical capabilities. Many of the best climbers in the world started when they were kids- when it’s all about fun.
Indoor Youth Programs:
- Youth Climbing Team
- After School Climbing Club
IMPORTANT!: A Waiver is Required For EVERYONE to Enter Climbing Area – Parent / Guardian Must sign for those under 18 Yrs. of Age and send a Photocopy of Drivers License if not accompanying their child.
Youth Climbing Team
For kids 8 years old to 19 years old, the Youth Climbing Team is the most intense of our Youth Programs, helping kids to train for competitive climbing. The team practices year round, and meets Mon-Fri from 4:30pm- 7:30pm, but the climbers are only required to be at 2.5 practices per week (averaged out over a month). This allows for flexibility of family scheduling. Kids can join at any time during the year, but must climb for at least one month at our facility, off-team, before joining as part of the vetting process. Competitions start at the local level and proceed through Regionals, Divisionals, Nationals, and finally through the World Cup Circuit!
Due to the success of our team and massive growth we’ve experienced, we have some changes for the new 2018/2019 season. The Youth Competitive team will be split up into two separate competitive teams so we can provide more structured one-on-one coaching for our climbers. With over 30 climbers currently on our team having such a wide range of skill and experience, splitting the team was necessary in order to maintain a more focused practice session, allowing the kids the attention needed to become better climbers.
At the beginning of each Fall season, The Edge will hold try-outs for all climbers interested in joining the team. If they are unable to make try-outs, they will be placed in the Junior Varsity team until it is found by our coaches that they are able to work with the Varsity team.
Beginning September 10th, The New Practice Schedule is as follows:
- [Junior Varsity]
- Monday 4:30-7:00pm
- Tuesday 4:30-7:30pm
- Friday 4:30-7:30pm
- Monday 5:30-8:00pm
- Wednesday 4:30-7:30pm
- Thursday 4:30-7:30pm
As stated above, all climbers will be required to attend an average of 2.5 practices per week, averaged over one month.
Youth Climbers must have their own personal climbing gear, including Climbing Shoes, a Climbing Harness, a Chalk bag and Chalk. All team members enjoy a flat 20% off in our Pro-Shop and higher discounts for select suppliers.
Open to all kids who want to take it to the next level. Visit www.usaclimbing.org for more information about the organization.
Non-Members: $99 / month
Members: $84 / month
Discount for 2nd Child! Full price for 1st child and HALF OFF for the 2nd child in the immediate family.
For more information, please contact our Head Coach Brianna: firstname.lastname@example.org
After School Climbing Club
For kids 6 and older, the After School Climbing Club is a four-week program geared towards kids who want to be involved in a structured extracurricular climbing program. Kids who fully complete a four-week ASCC session will qualify for climbing team and have new climbing privileges (self-clipping auto-belays and bouldering with parent supervision). All kids are welcome to sign up for the ASCC across multiple months, and will only benefit from the continued exposure to climbing!
Info and Schedule:
- This program is capped at 10 students per cycle.
- Cost per child: $79 / month for the first, $39.50 for each child after.
- The 1st four-week program will begin September 4th, 2018.
- 2-hour program every Tuesday and Thursday evening 5pm – 7pm
- Only takes place while Duval County Schools are in Session. ASCC will not meet during Winter/Spring Break, Major Holidays, as well as Competition Prep Weeks. For any four-week period where this might occur, the total price will be equal to ((Total Price ÷ 8 normal class days) x (remaining normal class days)).
- Our Four Fall Sessions are:
- 10/30-11/22 (This session will not meet on 11/22, Thanksgiving)
- Our Four Spring Sessions are:
- 3/19-3/28 (This session will not meet on 3/5 and 3/7 due to competition preparation. This session will also not meet during Duval County Spring break, during the second week. This Session is 2 weeks ONLY and will be discounted by 50%)
- Our Four Fall Sessions are:
- Note to parents: While parents are allowed to drop off their children for the club, parents are required to be punctual in pick-up and drop-off times. The ASCC is not a baby-sitting service.
A Signed Waiver is Required For Everyone to Enter The Climbing Area. Parent / Guardian Must sign for Kids who are Under 18 and send a Photocopy of Drivers License if not accompanying their child.